Re: FMX file compatibility between Win 3.1 and Win95

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/08/12

In article <33F0B571.3B5A_at_pweh.com>,
  Chris Wyse <wysecj_at_pweh.com> wrote:

> I'm using ORACLE Developer/2000 for Windows (16-bit) on Windows 95. The
> company will soon have a site license that will encompass the Forms 4.5
> runtime for Windows95 (32-bit). Are the FMX, MMX, and PLX file formats
> created by the 16-bit Developer/2000 the same as those created by the
> 32-bit Developer/2000? That is, can I run my Forms 4.5 application,
> developed with Dev/2000 16-bit, with the Windows95 Forms 4.5 32-bit
> runtime?

No. 16-bit fmx files will not run in a 32-bit runform, and neither will the 32-bit fmx run with 16-bit runform. The fmb files are compatible--both 16-bit and 32-bit versions of the Forms Designer will read each other's files. But each one generates a different fmx file, which must be run by the corresponding runform version.

I found all of this out trying to set up both 16-bit and 32-bit versions of my QA utility form.

Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088
QA: Dynamic browse & update utility form available