Re: Arrays in PL/SQL

From: Njål A. Ekern <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: 1997/08/12

ualwayn_at_usgs.gov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please tell me how to declare and access a two-dimensional
> array in PL/SQL?

You can't.
You can use several similar arrays.
You can use array of record-type.
That's it.

One tip though, since the population of arrays is sparse and the index can consist of many digits (9? 10?), you may come a long way by multiplying some of your values to get an unique index. I.e: You want : my_array(m, n):=3

     m and n is number(3)
     You do   : my_array(m*1000+n) :=3

Regards,
Njål