[HELP] Creating install

From: <rich_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

Hello,

I am currently working on a Visual Basic project that connects to an Oracle database via SQL*Net.

  1. I am now creating an installation for the client workstations and what I would like to do is to create an excutable that will automatically install SQL*Net and the Oracle73 Driver onto the workstation. Does anyone know of anyway to do this.
  2. If that is not possible, I would like to create one Oracle installer that will only have SQL*Net and Oracle73 Driver as the avaiable products. The problem now is that I have the SQL*Net and Driver on two seperate Oracle Installer (one on CD, the other a separate file). Does anyone know hoe to modify the proper files (nt.prd and *.pkg files??) to get rid of all the other products and combine the SQL*Net and Driver onto one Installer?

The option 1) is the preffered way to go, but 2) will suffice if need be.

Please let me know via e-mail, thanks.

Richard K Cheng
rich_at_erols.com