Re: Reports 2.5 (Dev2K) and speed (is there any?)

From: Christian Kaas <c.kaas_at_odn.de>
Date: 1997/08/11

Be carefull what you do in the data model. i for myself always write all the stuff into a single query - this way even reports on more than 10 tables are quite quick (formating 1-3 pages per second) quicker than any printer i've used.

Be carefull with the groups and the hierarchy of your groups. If you do use links in your datamodel every linked query is executed once for it's parent ! so try to write more complex single query data models.
in my current project we use reports on ISDN line and it is only 1 time slower than ethernet !?

Yours
On 6 Aug 1997 13:10:20 GMT, "Koen Van Loo" <kvanloo_at_mailhost.acc.be> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>We've got lots of reports running reports 2.5. But Reports is extremely
>slow at our sites... We wonder if that's normal, our Oracle consultants say
>so... But we hope there are some of you who know some tips to speed it
>up...
>
>We'd be pleased to receive your mail...
>
>Koen Van Loo
>Project Leader AZIS2000
>ACC
>--------------------------
>professional
>e-mail: kvanloo_at_accnet.be
>www: http://www.accnet.be
>private
>e-mail: 101717.21_at_compuserve.com
>www: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/KoenVanLoo

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508 Received on Mon Aug 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT