JAVA calling a pro*C function.

From: Venkatesha Prasad <venpra_at_india.hp.com>
Date: 1997/08/09

Hi ,
The problem I am facing is not directly related to Oracle. I think it's more of the JAVA JNI problem. I am posting to this group hoping that some body might have succesfuly called a pro*C function operating on Oracle Data base from JAVA and would provide some insight in to the problem I am facing.

   We are using JDK 1.1.2 on HP-UX. We have a Pro*C code which does an    INSERT into the Oracle 7.3.2.3 database. A shared library is built    from this pro*C code. Class A is a java program which has a native method

   declared in it. This method is implemented in 'C' and is a part of the

   shared library. The 'C' function inturn calls the pro*C function.

   In the Java program, the shared library is dynamicaly loaded.    When we execute JAVA program it simply hangs without connecting    to the database. It hangs in the oracle call sqlcxt. From Unix    processes started it is clear that a process to connect to    Oracle has been spawned. But if we use the DB monitor utility inside

   Oracle, there is no Oracle process corresponding to the newly spawned Unix

   process.

   From some reason we don't want to use JDBC to connect to Oracle. Any    help on this reagrd is highly appreciated.

   Thanks,
   Venkatesh Prasad Received on Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT