Help! Need info on Oracle testing

From: TC1Simp <tc1simp_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/09

REPOSTED from TESTING DEVELOPER/2000 QUESTION:

I am working as a mkt consultant with a product developer. They are just finishing up an application and will be sending it to the Test Dept (1-2 people) in a few weeks. They have only one other experience testing an ORACLE application and database, and that didn’t turn out very well. To date, there has been no effort to my knowledge to even start creating a test plan. “We just do it from the functional spec.” In my mind, we can do 80-90% of that.

How does testing an Oracle Developer 2000 application differ from testing other software? How difficult is testing? (Our application is primarily a data capture application vs. one performing significant calculations) What should a test plan look like? If anybody has some advice or can point me to some good references I would appreciate it. Received on Sat Aug 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT