Re: Oracle/ODBC

From: H. John C. Hopkins <john_at_hpe.ufl.edu>
Date: 1997/08/08

When you created your table in Access, did the name contain lowercase letters?

If so, Oracle won't "see" the table unless you put the table name in quotes (single quotes, I think). It will list it in the USER_TABLES view, but you won't be able to execute SQL statements against it.

Likewise, if any of your field names contain lowercase letters, oracle will return an "invalid column name" error unless you put the column names in quotes.

Your best bet is to simply name all tables & fields with uppercase letters in Access, and then do the export to Oracle.

Annoying, huh? Such is the nature of the Access-->ODBC-->Oracle link.

Good luck.

-John