Re: How can I get PL/SQL to use a specific RB seg

From: Mark Rosenbaum <mjr_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/08/08

In article <33E9A2F3.1262_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>, Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com> wrote:
>Sounds like you need to create a large rollback segment eg rbs_big,
>possibly in its own tablespace and the use the command;
>
>set transaction use rollback_segment rbs_big;
>
>within your routine.

Ian,

Thanks for the response. That is where the problem is. It is a PL/SQL program and the snap shot too old is comming from a different rbs. I'm posting for an other dba so I don't have exact details but he is very good and has tried to follow the Oracle example with no luck. The obvious alternative is to increase all the RBSes but that is easier said then done with the outsource that they currently have. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tia

mjr Received on Fri Aug 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT