HELP on ODBC and Locking

From: Jens Vasters <Jens.Vasters_at_ac.cybercity.de>
Date: 1997/08/07

Hi,

we have an interactive application and need to lock rows in a table. The application runs under NT4.0 using the MFC database classes (C++), ODBC, SQL * Net and Oracle 7.

The locking method of the ODBC driver is SQL_CONCUR_VALUES. To lock a row we make a dummy update on a value, getting the row locked until we submit the final commit or rollback.

When the row is already locked by another user (update of user 2 between select and update of user 1), the update gets blocked until the final commit or rollback of user 2. In an interactive application this is not acceptable. Have any idea for this problem?

Thanks Volker Received on Thu Aug 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT