Re: Oracle and Microsoft ADO

From: Chuck Durham <cdurham_at_xspot.com>
Date: 1997/08/07

I've had no problems opening up with the adOpenKeyset using Oracle73, both with the Oracle ODBC & Microsoft ODBC drivers, Most things have worked fine except for the usage of the LONG data type, I can cheat and update it using a dynamically built SQL insert, but I cannot access the datatype from a RecordSet object, it gives and invalid RecordSet object error.

Has anyone found a way to use Long with RecordSet or some other way around it

Chuck Durham
cdurham_at_xspot.com

If you want to see the code that I have used with the KeySet I can send you some ASP code from my project

> you are correct on that, about Oracle's stuff not fully implementing the
> latest in OdBC technology (like going backwards). However I bought
> Intersolv's latest Oracle driver, which has all the bells and whistles
> conceivable. The driver works, except the ADO somehow, refuses to open
 up
> in KeySet mode. I cannot figure it out.
>
> btw, I think that Oracle does now have an ODBC 3 driver available.

> > > I am unable to gain a connection to an Oracle DB using ADO that gives
> > > me a
> > > cursor type other than Forward Only scrolling. Has anybody else
tried Received on Thu Aug 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT