Re: How to load datafile into a table?

From: Martin Bronstein <Martin.Bronstein_at_trw.com>
Date: 1997/08/06

Elena Akishina wrote:

> HY!
> Could anyone tell SQL statement for loading datafile into a table?
> Thanks.
> Lena.

Lena,
You should use SQL*Loader to load data files into tables. Otherwise, you could modify each row in your data file into a SQL INSERT statement as follows:

INSERT INTO my_table VALUES(colA, colB, colC,...);

with one "value" for each corresponding column in the table my_table.

Regards,
Martin Bronstein Received on Wed Aug 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT