DBMS_JOB -- what does this mean

From: Paul Passarelli <paulp_at_spam.talkthru.com>
Date: 1997/08/05

I've been following several threads on dbms_job and I've having some trouble. I have a procedure that I wish to call from a trigger, but that's not the issue here...yet.

  My database creation log shows that \orant\rdbms72\adnim\prvtjob.plb was put in the db, but I can't really understand what it means, (looks compiled I guess)

  Anyway a short test invoked from SQLDBA72 gives me this.

SQLDBA>
SQLDBA> /* trigger will attempt to supress this deletion */
     2> delete foo where id = 20 ;
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04067: not executed, package body "DISPDBA.DBMS_JOB" does not exist
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 61

ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'DISPDBA.FOO_TRG' SQLDBA> update foo set text = 'Tenth and final row' where id = 20 ; 1 row processed.
SQLDBA>

I'm confident the package body *is* in there, and I didn't forget this either in init_sid.ora

# .005

job_queue_processes=2   #two background processes
job_queue_interval=60   #the processes wake up every 60 seconds
job_queue_keep_connections=TRUE  #sleep, don't disconnect

I just don't know what to try next.

--
--Paul