Re: Perl on Linux net access to Oracle...?

From: Steven Whatley <swhatley_at_blkbox.com>
Date: 1997/08/05

In comp.databases.oracle.misc Darrell Berry <darrellb_at_hhcl.com> wrote:
: Our Oracle 7 servers run on Solaris 2.5+ and NT...I want to connect to
: them using Perl 5 on a Linux Slackware 3 machine...

: Looking thru the CPAN database driver and interface modules, it seems
: these will only work if there's a preƫxisting Oracle install on the client
: machine (with SQL*Net etc already installed)...given that there's no
: Oracle release for Linux ;-) is there any way to do what I want to do?

I've heard that the SCO UNIX version of SQL*Net may work under linux if you have the SCO libraries installed. Never tried to do this so I don't know the details. Hope this helps.

Later,
Steven
http://www.blkbox.com/~swhatley/

                      _|_  |  _|_   "I am the way and the truth and
Steven Whatley         | --|-- |    the life.  No one comes to the
swhatley_at_blkbox.com    |   |   |    Father except through me."
Houston, Texas             |            -- Jesus Christ (John 14:6 NIV)