Re: Discoverer 3.0 ?

From: Ronan Miles <milesr_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/08/04

The following is a bit of an oversimplification. Discoverer V3 is a total new rewrite. It is 32 bit only and is really only a Data Query replacement. It would compete directly with Business Objects. In my opinion it is a peer to V4 of that product, each having their own advantages and disadvantages.

 My understanding of Browswer is that it has bowed out of the end-user market (where I don't think it was much of a hit) and exists only in development environments. My further understanding is that its technology (i.e. the UI) will be subsumed into the other products.

Gary Waldrom wrote:

> This is simply the next version of Oracle Browser 2.0 and Data Query
> roled into one.
>
> PAL wrote:

> > Do anyone know what is Discoverer 3.0 ?

Opinions expressed are my own and do not reflect my employers