Re: Help! SQL*Net V2 on Solaris

From: John Barry <jb_at_zedak.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

Hi.

I found consultation with Oracle support helpful a year ago, maybe because of confused docs. The upshot was:
You need to set up your Oracle networking naming scheme (see SQL*Net manuals) using one_and_only_one such Oracle tool. This will generate Oracle configuration files; hope they are consistent, and copy into ..../orahome/network/admin. Then start listener with "./lsnrctl start <name>" where <name> is the name you've configured above for the listener for the Oracle instance involved. (I recollect there were some issues about rights in logging directories, too, but simple to fix relative to the previous.)
HTH, jb

Jeon, Kyong Hun <khjeon_at_ktnet.co.kr> wrote in article <33DFF69C.52CE8F6F_at_ktnet.co.kr>...