OCI question

From: Marcos Guirland Nowosad <nowomarc_at_embratel.net.br>
Date: 1997/08/03

Hello All,

        My department is developing a system written in C which uses Oracle OCI
to connect with our Oracle database (version 7.1 for Windows for Workgroups). We need to execute some functions and storage procedures created in our database, so we are executing PL/SQL statements which call these functions and procedures.

        The problem is that we neither know how to get the result of a function
nor the value of an OUT parameter of a storage procedure into a variable of the C program, using the OCI binding functions.

        Someone suggests us to execute the following tricky SQL statement

        SELECT func1() FROM DUAL;

        and then fetch the result, using the fetching OCI functions.
        But we would like to execute functions in anonymous PL/SQL
statement
like:
        BEGIN
                x:= func1();
        END;

        and get (somehow) the value of the variable x into a variable of
the
program, since our system requires PL/SQL programming.
        Does anyone have the answer?
        Thanks in advance !!

        Marcos