Re: Perl on Linux net access to Oracle...?

From: Bob Eisner <boei_at_trifox.com>
Date: 1997/08/03

Darrell Berry wrote:

> Our Oracle 7 servers run on Solaris 2.5+ and NT...I want to connect to
> them using Perl 5 on a Linux Slackware 3 machine...
>
> Looking thru the CPAN database driver and interface modules, it seems
> these will only work if there's a preƫxisting Oracle install on the client
> machine (with SQL*Net etc already installed)...given that there's no
> Oracle release for Linux ;-) is there any way to do what I want to do?
>
> thanks!

Hi Darrel,

You may want to check out VORTEXperl from Trifox.

VORTEXperl talks to multiple RDBMS and supports Oracle on multiple platforms. It uses Perl Sockets so there is no need to re-build the Perl runtime. With VORTEXperl you can access an Oracle 7 Server running on Solaris 2.5 from a Perl program running on Linux.

You can obtain an evaluation copy of VORTEXperl from our WEB site at http://www.trifox.com/

Hope this Helps

Bob Eisner
408 369-2392 Received on Sun Aug 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT