Re: PeopleSoft and Referential Integrity

From: Mark Rosenbaum <mjr_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1997/08/02

mjr_at_netcom.com (Mark Rosenbaum) wrote:

Sorry for the question but I couldn't find a PeopleSoft newsgroup nor a PeopleSoft FAQ nor any usefull info on Dejanews.

I'm working with some folks who are running PeopleSoft version 5. There are some data quality issues relating to Referential Integrity. I'm not a PeopleSoft person so I was hoping that someone out there in netland who was might be able to answer this.

HOW DO YOU TURN ON REFERENTIAL INTEGRITY IN PEOPLSOFT? Thanks for any help

mjr

S. Fleming <twincrk_at_ral.mindspring.com> wrote:

PeopleSoft controls referential integrity through the key and edit settings in the Data Designer and the way in which that data is loaded through the operations of the Panel Processor. There is no "turning on" of RI.

Steve Fleming
Twin Creek Consulting, Inc.

"Steven Liebler" <sliebler_at_fantastic-usa.com> wrote:

If you mean database engine enforced RI, Peoplesoft doesn't have any - it uses application code to do this.

--Steve

mjr_at_netcom.com (Mark Rosenbaum) wrote:

Sorry for the confusion. To me more precise I would like to know if it is possible to turn on DATABASE Referential Integrity using PeopleSoft. My understanding is that PeopleSoft actually creates the DDL to create the tables but does not define Primary keys and Foreign Keys. The PeopleSoft HR app running on Oracle that I am currently working on has no PK FK constraints.

I have also been told that you can change the PS DDL but every time there is a PS change you would then have to reedit the scripts.

So my question is

Is there a module or a switch or anything in PeopleSoft that would allow you to easily turn on Referential Integrity at the data base level?

TIA mjr Received on Sat Aug 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT