Re: Design: How many instances should we have?

From: Dr. Blue <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/08/01

We keep three "production" instances: A is for transaction processing applications (many apps, many users), B is for "warehouse" apps (few apps, few users but large queries), and C is for Designer/2000. I often wonder about having separate instances for each warehouse since each one often requires large loads but the demand is unpredictable and we can usually schedule loads so that they don't interfere with one another.

Richard