Insufficient Privileges on NT4/Oracle7.3.3

From: John Engle <John.Engle_at_rossnutrition.com>
Date: 1997/08/01

I get an "ORA-01031 Insufficient Privilege" message when I attemp to startup/shutdown my database using any of the oracle tools (Enterprise Manager, Instance Manager, NT Instance Manager). I am logged in as SYS with SYSDBA privilege. The only way that I can successfully startup/shutdown the database is to stop the oracle services. It would be nice to actually use the oracle tools, instead of stopping the server - this would enable me to schedule and perform cold backups via enterprise manager...... Anyone got a clue?