SqlServer vs Oracle?

From: <ewingger_at_bah.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

We have been running MS Seq Srv 6.5 for a prototype web-based distance learning application (using IIS, NT 3.51, Cold Fusion 2.0 - planning to upgrade soon). Though we have no problems now, we are considering moving to Oracle 8 because there seems to be a general impression that "Sequel Server is OK for small databases, but for large database apps, you need Oracle."

I don't mind transitioning to Oracle if SqlServer 6.5 won't cut it, but I can't seem to find real evidence that it will or it won't (except, of course, from Microsoft and Oracle.)

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone using Sequel Server 6.5 on large database apps (successfully or otherwise), or who switched from Sql Srvr to Oracle, or who can point me to an unbiased source. Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT