Re: missing datafile

From: N Prabhakar <n_prabhakar_at_post1.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

First of all I would like to know whether the database is running in ARCHIVAL or NOARCHIVAL mode.

If the database is running in NO ARCHIVAL mode, then you can adopt 2 strategies.

  1. Restore the complete DB from backup and manually roll-forward
  2. If you think that users tablespace is not required, then you can drop that tabespace and start the database

If the database is running or archival mode, you can restore all the files and automatically roll forward with the help of archived files.

Regards

N.Prabhakar

Shuang Li <sli1_at_cs.umbc.edu> wrote in article <33DAC4C6.41A4_at_cs.umbc.edu>...