PL/SQL table and ORA-3113 on NT4 WGS

From: Andy Hardy <Andy_Hardy_at_camk.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/30

Hi,

I have a package which declares a PL/SQL table in the package spec.

I have a procedure which writes to that table, approximately 50 entries.

Whenever I attempt to write, I get an ORA-3113 and the database instance requires restarting from the NT services.

I have no problems if my procedure writes to a local table of the same type. However, if I then assign the local table to the global table I get the same 3113.

I've written to global tables before with no problems - in fact, this package calls another package which does its work with global packages.

Any ideas?

Andy

P.S I enclose the package spec.
PACKAGE hanger IS

SUBTYPE t_hanger_id IS NUMBER;
SUBTYPE t_hanger_space IS NUMBER;

TYPE t_hanger IS RECORD (

        hanger_id       t_hanger_id,
        material_id     SCHEDULER.t_material_id,
        entry_id        ELP.t_entry_id,
        hanger_space    t_hanger_space
        );

TYPE l_hanger_list IS TABLE of t_hanger
        INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;

hanger_table l_hanger_list;
num_allocated NUMBER;

PROCEDURE new(p_flight_id IN SCHEDULER.t_flight_id); PROCEDURE test;

END;
--

Andy Hardy Received on Wed Jul 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT