Re: Personal Oracle 7.1 on Win 95

From: <blaine_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/07/30

Dan Lynch (mohawk_at_interlog.com) wrote:
: blaine_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca wrote:

: : So what is the solution? Can this version of Oracle be installed on a
: : Win 95 PC? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version? Is there a trick
: : that I missed?

: In a nutshell, the Win 3.x version cannot be installed on Win95. You'll need the Win95 version
: (probably 7.3 by now). It may still be available from the Oracle web site (www.oracle.com) for
: 'evaluation' purposes.

Thank you.

I do have a Win 3.1 machine onto which I will install Oracle. I need to see how VB 5.0 in Win 95 can use Oracle databases, so I can transfer the database files (once I create them) onto the 95 machine.

Will this work, or are the database files themselves also incompatible?