Re: stored procedure recompile problem

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/07/29

    You might want to try to wrap those procs into a package.     Then, as long as the declarations ( interface) stay the     same, none of the callers will be recompiled. While it     is not quite 100% solution to your problem, it does make     sense in some cases.

    Rashid

Yue Zhou <zhouy_at_dstm.com> wrote:
: In Oracle, whenever a stored procedure, say B, is recompiled, all the
: callers of the stored procedures are marked to be "INVALID". But
: normally it just means that when one of the callers ,say A, are
: executed, Oracle will recompile the code. If at that time the procedure
: A can go through the compiling ( this is normally TRUE if B is correct
: ), then the status of A should be back to "VALID".

: My trouble is, sometime (not always), when the stored procedure A is
: called, it never recompiles. It stays in status "INVALID" until some one
: explicitly reinstalled A from SQL-PLUS.

: Anyone have anyidea about it, please let me know. I appreciate your
: help.