SSL with OWS 3.0

From: jeff grant <jeff_at_nettwerk.com>
Date: 1997/07/29

Hello...

I was hoping that someone around here could possibly shed some light on a problem I'm having.

I've installed OWS 3.0 onto my Sun and am having problems with activating a Listener with SSL enabled.

This is what happens:

# owsctl start secure

	Oracle Web Listener 3.0 Production (Export), Version 2.13
	Copyright 1997 Oracle Corp.  All Rights Reserved.

	Error: Unable to load or decode certificate file(s).
	Information: Listening on SSL port 5555 address 209.17.154.38
	Information: The server started successfully
	Server now running as process 1790

#

This is the second set of certificates that I have had generated from Verisign (because I had assumed from the error that I had messed up somehow the first time) and yet I get the same error.

Could this be a somewhat generic error that results even though the certificates are valid? I know from the release notes that there are some bugs with SSL, and they were supposed to be fixed for the production release or in a forthcoming patch available on the web site... anyone know if these patches are available yet? I haven't been able to see them on the web site. Could this error be a result of these bugs?

I would really appreciate it if anyone with any information on this could let me know...

.+'''+.        |   Jeff Grant, Information Systems Manager
Nettwerk       |   Nettwerk Productions, Vancouver, BC   (604) 654-2929
`+...+'        |   http://www.nettwerk.com     mailto:jeff@nettwerk.com