Re: Transfering a file via OWS and HTML 3.2

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/07/29

    There is OWAREPL package at the govt.***.com. Amongst other     things it does exactly that with a great degree of flexibilty,

    It does take some time to hook this thing up to OWS 3.x, should     be pretty easy with 2.x though.

    I used it in few apps I wrote, works like a charm.

    Rashid

Michael Rothwell <michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com> wrote:
: I am fairly new to OWS but have written a few minor
: applications with it.

: I am trying to transfer a file from the client machine to
: the server via HTML 3.2. I am using the tag <input
: name=filename type=file>. This tag brings up a file browse
: box on the client to select a file for transfer. At this
: point, I want to do 2 things:
: 1. load the file into a long field in the database.
: 2. save the file on the server.

: Has anyone done this using OWS and PL/SQL??

: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks.

: Michael