Re: Comments: Minimum PC H/W to run Oracle Developer 2000?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/29

 Well, based on my experiences of local Oracle 7.3 on NT 4 with development tools on top I would suggest, as *minimums*:

Obviously 'the more the better', so my dream system would be an upgrade to:

One option worth looking at is sticking with the non-MMX versions of the Pentium 1 series chips, especially as Intel have just cut the prices by up to 50%. I've always found that local Oracle + development tools are far more *memory* dependent than anything else (esp. when running on NT), after lots of RAM I recommended a better disk drive, and finally a processor upgrade.

Steve Phelan.

doug a blaisdell wrote in article ...

>Hi Everbuddy--
>
>I just came from a job doing admin for Oracle 7.3 on NT4.0, and some
>design with Designer 2000, and found out what a resource hog NT4.0 is.
>
>On my vacation (serious hackerness), I'd like to get familiar with
 Developer