Re: Database Won't Start

From: R.A. van Geleuken <roald_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/07/28

ShimSoft wrote:

> I lost two datafiles that were in the /tmp directory of a Sun Solaris
> 2.4 system. I did not know at the time that this directory is never
> backed up and is deleted whenever you do a reboot. I did a reboot and
> lost everything I had in that directory. I can't start the database
> because it keeps looking for the missing datafiles and shuts itself down
> when it can't find them. I tried doing a FORCE and RECOVER start but it
> had no effect. I don't have a backup with the missing datafiles. Is
> there a way to start up the database without those datafiles?

Not really sure if this might work (haven't been into Oracle much lately), but try startup nomount, and see if you can drop the corresponding tablespaces

Let me know.

--
Roald.

-------
R.A. van Geleuken                                   roald_at_xs4all.nl

"There's no such thing as impossibility, only extremely low chance"