How to grant table access to

From: Erwan Layman <erwan_at_contact.com.sg>
Date: 1997/07/28

I'm new at using Oracle and I have some difficulty granting table access to other users. Here's the situation:

I log on as USER1 (with CONNECT, RESOURCE and DBA access granted) and created a table named USR1_TABLE with one field defined. I then grant all access to USER2 using,

    GRANT ALL ON USR1_TABLE TO USER2; I log on as USER2 (with CONNECT, RESOURCE and DBA access also) and created a table named USR2_TABLE with one field defined. Conversely, I grant all access to USER1 using,

    GRANT ALL ON USR2_TABLE TO USER1; Both users have the same default tablespace. Problem is, after inserting a few records into each table from the respective user account, USER1 cannot select any records from USR2_TABLE and vice versa, USR2 cannot select from USR1_TABLE. I get the error,

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

The tables are definitely created successfully because I can select the rows in USR1_TABLE when logged on as USER1 and vice versa.

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

many thanx,
Erwan Layman Received on Mon Jul 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT