Personal Oracle 7.1 on Win 95

From: <blaine_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/07/26

I have a copy of Personal Oracle7 Version 7.1 for Windows, obviously intended for Windows 3.1. I am trying to install it from CD onto a computer with Windows 95.

The problem is that the Install utility will not proceed unless it can find Win32 on the machine; Win32 somehow being essential to the install process. When I try to install Win32, the Win32 install program quacks that it's not necessary, the OS is 32-bit already (which it is) and refuses to install Win32. Talk about a vicious circle!

I even tried copying the Win32 files from a 3.1 machine that already has them, but Oracle Install still refuses to accept them.

So what is the solution? Can this version of Oracle be installed on a Win 95 PC? Do I need to upgrade to a newer version? Is there a trick that I missed?

--

BLAINE GORDON MANYLUK                email: blaine_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca