Re: PowerBuilder 5 -> Oracle 7.3

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/25

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:35:36 GMT, hangyk_at_singnet.com.sg (Jason Hang) wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I am migrating from PB5 (16-bit) to PB5 (32-bit) Windows95.
> My database is Oracle 7.3 on HP/UX 10.2
> I cannot get my PB5 to connect to Oracle 7.3, the error is 'Interface Driver Not loaded'.
> My colleague said it is some missing DLLs, I would appreciate any help if it is possible for me
>to get these missing DLLs anywhere on the Internet.
>
> Thanks.

Firstly, you need to ensure that you are using the 32-bit version of Oracle SQL*Net with your 32-bit version of PowerBuilder (the 16-bit version won't work with it).

Secondly, you need to get the native Oracle 7.3 driver for PB5, which is included in the 5.0.02 and 5.0.03 Maintenance releases for PowerBuilder.

You can download the latest Maintenance release at:

http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/files/pb_win_maint.html Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman          Enabling the Information Age through
Oracle Government                Network Computing!
Bethesda, MD                  http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com          http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Fri Jul 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT