Re: How to install a listener on an NT machine?

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/07/25

Have you tried the command NET TNSLSNR START (I am too sure about the command syntax, but should be close this) at the command prompt ?

Also, talk to your NT Server administrator and have a look in the Registry under the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services. It is possible that the start setting for the service is SERVICE_DISABLED rather than SERVICE_AUTO_START (check with ORACLE Support on that one; on the NET command syntax, too). Change the setting to the appropriate value. At the next reboot of server, the listener should start.

If the OracleTNSListener service is not listed in the Registry, you may have to do a re-installation.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu