Re: Dynamic SQL : create table

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/07/25

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 13:43:44 -0400, "Dmitriy B. Agafonov" <dagafono_at_rgti.com> wrote:

>I tried to use dynamic SQL (DBMS_SQL package) to create a table
>in my own schema, but discovered that I need a 'CREATE ANY TABLE'
>privilige to do that. Is it an Oracle bug ( I use Personal Oracle7
>Release 7.3.3.0.0 ) or what ? Thanks.

If the procedure is owned by USER_A and you are USER_B, then USER_A needs the create any table privelege (user_a will in effect be creating USER_B.TABLE, that needs the create ANY privelege)

If the procedure is owned by USER_A and you are USER_A, then USER_A will need the create table privelege.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jul 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT