Re: Oracle and cron

From: Michael Serbanescu <mserban_at_postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/07/25

You need to explicitly set your ORACLE environment variables, ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME in your script (or use the oraenv file). ORACLE_SID not being set, ORACLE doesn't know to what instance to connect. When it tries to display the error, it cannot find the path to the error message file because the ORACLE_HOME is not set.

Hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu