Re: Where to find tablespace and datafile info

From: Gary Assa <gsa_at_panix.com>
Date: 1997/07/25

>> select * from dba_data_files;
>> select * from dba_tablespaces;
>> --
>Come on, Gary, don't torture him...
>
>select * from sys.dba_tablespaces where tablespace_name = 'TEST_DATA';
>select * from sys.dba_data_files where tablespace_name = 'TEST_DATA';
>
>I doubt he wants to see 50 screens-worth of output to find the
>info for his one tablespace.

You are coorect. I am sorry. I just assumed that he wouldn't have a lot of tablespaces, or datafiles due to the fact that he is just starting out. And, I don't think his questions was specific to the point of wanting to know info only on the datafile he just created.

--
If you have a condom and sunscreen SPF 15 or greater, than it's safe to look at