Re: Urgent Help With A SELECT

From: phil chang <pxchang0_at_sunspot.wcc.com>
Date: 1997/07/24

Given your table, the following will work.

select available,

        capacity
from table_a
where available = (

        select  min(available)
        from    table_a);

In article <5r46lt$9ko$2_at_news.pacifier.com>, brianbom_at_mail.pacifier.com (HornDog) says:
#
#Given the following table
#
#table_a
#
#route available capacity
#
#11 1200 3000
#11 1400 2000
#11 900 5000
#
#I need a query that will return a single row that has the minimum
#"available"
#value of the three rows and the corresponding "capacity".
#
#I wrote the following query that returns '900', but how can I get the
#'5000'
#that goes along with it?
#
#SELECT route, MIN(available)
#FROM table_a
#WHERE route=11
#GROUP BY route;
#
#Any help would be appreciated ASAP!
#
#Brian
#PS.
#What I need to see back from the query is:
#
#Available Capacity
#
#900 5000