Re: Here is a way to crash Solaris using ping!

From: miSOFT Engineer <goaway_at_getbent.eng>
Date: 1997/07/24

Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engineer wrote:

> There's an easy way around this.
>
> Add a PROM password to your SPARCs.
>
> Then they'll need to come in and ask you to reboot the system.
> Take your time.
>
> Casper

I have done that on the machines I have control over. Some of the problems are clients who have a) forbidden such passwording b) aren't normally clients until they have already screwed it up. In both cases adequate compensation is indeed charged. Since I am on the road at times I am not allowed to password protect some of my local users machines. In those cases the "Reboot" device comes in handy.

Mike

--
***use my first name at "misoft.com" for replies***
Mike Couvillion, Sun Enterprise Systems Engineer         O-