Re: Desperatly connecting to Oracle 7.2

From: Alex Shmelev <alexs_at_gte.net>
Date: 1997/07/23

Alen -

You failed to mention whether you are using SQLLinks or ODBC. Can you connect to the database using Oracle-native tools (i.e. SQLPlus)? Have you tried ping-ing the database server? If Oracle tools work then SQLNet is working and problem is with ODBC/BDE.

Perhaps you could send more info?

Alex Shmelev