Re: Row Level Security

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/07/23

Wolfgang Hann wrote:

> Does Oracle 8 a possibility to define row level security?

No. You may limit access on a column but not a row. To do that, you have to do it yourself in update/insert triggers.

> Does anybody wrote a generic row level security handler for
> Oracle 7.3?

Yes, I've done that. Of course, I can't send you that code (it really belongs to my employer) but if you are really hurting for something, send me the specs and I'll work something out on my own.

No charge.

Really!

I *love* doing this stuff! 8-}>

--