Why must I recompile to rerun a script?

From: <y0h8797_at_acs.tamu.edu>
Date: 1997/07/23

Did anybody have a problem that you have to re-compile your script every time you want to re-run it? The following is a simplified version of my script. create or replace procedure del_exp (days_expire varchar2) as begin

   delete from my_table

     where expiration_date + days_expire < sysdate; end;

In a html file I have a line <form action="http://...del_exp">. Every time I compile the script by @that_script and then click the Submit button in Netscape, the rows satisfying the expiration + days_expire condition are deleted successfully. But unless I run @that_script, the Submit does nothing. Anybody has an idea? Thank you.

Yong Received on Wed Jul 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT