Does the accept command work in PL/SQL?

From: <y0h8797_at_acs.tamu.edu>
Date: 1997/07/22

At SQL> prompt, I can type ACCEPT MY_DAY NUMBER PROMPT 'Enter: ' and it works OK. But when I put this in a procedure like in create or replace procedure my_proc as
begin

   accept my_day number prompt 'Enter a day: ' it won't compile. The error message points an error at my_day or if certain parentheses are put in there (for trial&error), points at prompt. It never says accept is wrong. Can anybody tell me how to use accept in a PL/SQL procedure? Thanks.

Yong
y0h8797_at_acs.tamu.edu or
y0h8797_at_unix.tamu.edu or
huangy_at_osn100.scra.org Received on Tue Jul 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT