Re: Good editing environment....?

From: Mark Madsen <mark.madsen_at_tswi.com>
Date: 1997/07/22

Use Textpad 3.0 - it is the best Windows editor available and it is cheap ($30). Get it from www.textpad.com. A lot of sound editing functionality. Next, set up your environment so you don't have to cut and past or use @c:\blah\blah\blah.sql a lot.

  1. Go into the registy
  2. Search for SQLPATH under Oracle's software entry
  3. Append a ;path where you keep your working files. Ending result will look like c:\orant\dbs;c:\work\sql
  4. open SQLPLUS and compile a file in your working directory to test it.

Mark Madsen
mark.madsen_at_tswi.com