Internal API error - ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_software_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/07/18

I just became a member of the Oracle Value Provider program. I have the following problem and appreciated your help.

My base hardware / software is as follows

I installed the Workgroup Server 7.3.2.3.1 on the NT server, and the Oracle Client on the NT Workstation. Both were standard installations. Next I installed Designer/2000. Again this was the default installation.

Then there was a step regarding the repository. I don't remember it perfectly, but I think it was installed / filled with data.

Now the problem: whenever I try to do something with Designer/2000 (Maintain Users in RAU,
New Application in RON) the following error messages appear

 RME-00223: Failed to open new activity
 RME-00222: Failed to dispatch operation to Repository
 RME-00011: Operation 'open' on ACTIVITY has failed
 RME-00020: Internal API error - ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program
unit being called

I have to admit, that I am no Oracle guru at all. So I have no idea what to do.

I can connect to the Server and browse the EMP or DEPT tables. So basic communication is fine.

Hope you can help

Michael G. Schneider

mgs_software_at_compuserve.com Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT