JDBC, calling Oracle stored pocedures that return a resut set

From: Bing Ran <bing_ran_at_bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/07/18

Hi,

I just tried the free Oracle JDBC driver (from Oracle web site) for Solaris. It seemed to work. I just couldn't figure out how to call a stored procedure that returns a result set by defining a cursor as an IN and OUT parameter. In OCI programs, I just bind a client-side cursor to the cursor parameter and do data fetching on that cursor. But how do I do that in JDBC-Oracle? In MS SQL server, I simply issue a select in stored procedures and all the data is immediately available. For me the Oracle way (using cursor as a parameter) is much difficult to deal with.

Any help, please?

Bing Ran
SHL Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT