OO4O / ServerType = Date / Parameter Binding

From: Tim Romano <tim_at_ot.com>
Date: 1997/07/18

I'd like to be able to send through to Oracle, via parameter binding, a date with a 4-digit year and with the time as follows:

18-Jul-1997 05:15 PM

But when the parameter.servertype is set to ORATYPE_DATE, I get a date picture error (#1830).

This can be done *without* using parameter binding if one builds the SQL string and uses the TO_DATE function. However, I am re-executing the identical SQL string many times, so I wanted to take advantage of the efficiencies of parameter bindings.

Does OO4O expect dates to be always in MM-DD-YY format?

TIA --tim_at_ot.com-- Received on Fri Jul 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT