SQL Query question find next, find previous

From: Steffen Krug <pdgsvoeu_at_ford.com>
Date: 1997/07/17

Hi everybody,

I have a question regarding the "find previons" "find next" problem in SQL databases.

Is there a way to find ONE row of a table when querying by index with standard SQL?

Today I'm using cursors to hold the tuple and fetch forward 1 but this is not very elegant, because the DBServer is overloaded when he has to serve many connections. Storing the result in a Client local object is also not an option, because one table has more than 10000 row's.

What would you recommend to solve the problem?

Please give me a hint and, if possible, some link's to literature or websites.

Thank's,

Steffen Krug Received on Thu Jul 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT