Client/Server Set-up

From: Patrick Rodriguez <prodrigu_at_smith.edu/patrickr@earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/07/17

I am setting up our clients to run a front-end oracle based application. One of the things that I do in the set-up is to modify the win.ini file by adding:

[Oracle]

Ora_Config=c:\windows\oracle.ini

This works fine until I was asked to install a second oracle based application which would require me to modify the win.ini file by adding:

[Oracle]

Ora_Config=r:\famis\oracle.ini

So basically, both applications look to the win.ini to tell them where the oracle.ini file is, but I need to have one go to the c:\ drive and the other to the r:\ drive. Both oracle.ini file are quite different from each other, so it won't do to try and run off of one.

Does anyone know of a work-around this? Somehow getting one of the apps to look at only one of the lines and the other to look at the second line? Perhaps merging the oracle.ini files into one? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Patrick

--
Patrick Rodriguez
The contents of this post reflect my opinions only and not necessarily those of my employer.