Re: Export and files > 2Gigs

From: Bola Ogunlana <bolao_at_incads.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/07/17

In article <01bc8a13$dd111ff0$7916a68f_at_rasputin>, "Carlos A. Gonzalez" <carlos_a_gonzalez_at_us.dell.com> writes
>Gentlemen:
>
>Here is what's happening.
>
>I am in the process of movin a large database (20 Gigs) from one host to
>another.
>
>The export file I'll be creating is over two Gigs space.
>
>The Oracle Gurus at my site tell me about a unix file size limitation that
>can not be greater than 2 Gigs.
>
>I'm skeptical, specially since I been told a lot of misinformation from the
>same people before.
>
>I am running oracle ver 7.2.3 under unix Solaris ver 5.2 in Sun Sparc
>hardware
>
>Any help/comments/leads will be greatly appreciated
>
>Thanks
>
>Carlos

It may be worthwhile going to Churchill Insurance's web page (can't remember what it is but do a search its quite easy to find), there you'll find an article by Nigel Nobel which is about recreating/moving large databases, its definitely worth a read.

I've attach an HTML copy (no embedded pics). [ Section: 1/1 File: exports.htm Encoder: Turnpike Version 3.03a ]

begin 644 exports.htm
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
`
end

sum -r/size 37083/35262 section (from "begin" to "end") sum -r/size 39937/25572 entire input file

Hope it helps

--
Bola Ogunlana