Re: Forms3 and Oracle 7.3

From: Tomm Carr <tommcatt_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/07/17

John N Page wrote:
> Anyway to cut a long argument short while I have many questions, one
> that occurs to me at the moment is, will forms30 still work with oracle
> v7.3.
>
> Also what other problems are about to hit an overworked Senior
> Programmer and part time DBA.
>
> Most of our (mission critical) applications are written using Forms30,
> SQLPlus, ProCOBOL, RPT with some client server stuff written in Paradox
> or ACCESS2 connecting via SQLNet v1.

The word we got here from Oracle is that Forms 3 (no longer supported under
*any* version) will not run against 7.3. We have not actually tried it (we
have enough trouble keeping it working against 7.1). Your ProCOBOL and other
stuff should be alright.

We are just taking this as an *opportunity* to redesign the old apps (we are
using Delphi predominatly). Fortunatly, we are at least not faced with a
do-or-die cutoff date.

Good luck to you!

--
Tomm Carr